Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 31 ~ A Letter to A Sweater

Dear Target Brown Sweater,

So sad to see you go.  It does not seem it's been so many years - four, maybe five. I guess discount, economical brands don't last very long.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you were cheap (even though you were), but clearance priced at $3.98!  Who could resist?  Only wish you could have hung in there a little longer. You've fit me at my heaviest, warmed me whilst I was most ill.  Remember those first, scary asthma attacks just last year?  You kept me comfy cozy.  Whenever I donned you  you looked pretty darn great - especially paired with my favorite Lee Jeans.  (What ever happened to those?)   Who knew brown would look good on me?  Crew neck at that!  You did make me like what I saw in the mirror every single time I pulled you over my head.  I wore you to nearly every choir concert for the past three years! That's quite a statement.  I wonder if anyone ever noticed?  Who cares.  I noticed.  I looked and felt good about myself with you on; perfect match to my raisin tinted Burt's Bees lip balm.

Thanks for the memories, you holey, pill covered softy.  I hope, though never be able to replace you, that I will someday, perchance, glance a Target clearance rack, and behold a close second.

Goodbye, dearest brown sweater.

Sincerely yours,
Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment