Okay, here's a quick set-up:
- Begin with gorgeous/elegant/whimsical/comical/sparkly seasonal stationary w/ matching envelopes. And, don't forget special holiday themed postage stamps.
- Next decide on a font. Comic Sans where have you been all my life! Oh, wait... there's a curly-cuey elf style font? Let me at it!
- Greeting: [Greeting? Greeting? How do I open this thing? Must be catchy. Must say, "Read ME!"] "Hey," sounds about right, yes?
- Body: [Flashy update of 2014 goings on at The Place... dogs included. Maybe include story about neighbor/raccoon absurdity. Keep it clean & funny.]
- Closing: [Jolly... SOMETHING JOLLY, FOR GOD'S SAKE!]
Here we go! Oh, pretend it's on snazzy stationary and in clever font style.
ICYMI... 2014 a la Carilo!
The Hubs? He's juuust greaat. No really. Consumed by handcrafted holiday ornament making for several weeks now, so try not to bother him.
The Typist, aka Driver? She finds herself way behind on her dvr watching. Commercials on some programming still have Halloween theme! Near tears on weeknights trying to come to terms with Colbert Report ending and Craig Ferguson leaving The Late Late Show.
Bookstore Boy? Twenty-two years later, still hasn't lost the ability to talk and talk and talk and talk his mom's ears off! Also, right there with mom, behind on favorite t.v. shows.
College Girl? It snowed today!! Lucky.
Miss Creativity? [Please, no questions.]
And so it goes. This letter would arrive at your mailbox in a festive greeting card - see above. Of course, I could e-mail it, but sorry, not much time for that as I am busy watching last night's @CraigyFerg. So, here it is in the old blog. Ho, Ho, Ho!
Have a Happy New Year!
The Carilos... but mostly Lil
PS Shadow and Sombra say, "WOOF!"
|I took this photo. It's from where we lived before|
moving to southern California desert;
it makes me homesick.
PPS Decided not to "go there" about the neighbors, 'tis not the season for such unpleasantries.