Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 28th ~ I LOVE A Royal Wedding

I love weddings, however I haven't been to too many - maybe ten, including my own - and I'm pretty sure only 2 out of those 10 marriages have endured.  Wow!  So all those statistics are correct.  My wedding can best be described as understated, unconventional.  Intimate.  It was nice; not at all what I had imagined my "dream wedding" to be like.  The only thing I think I'd change after 20 years is Rick having not lost my rings during our move to the house we live in now.  My rings were left behind, along with irreplaceable cookbooks and recipes, at the apartment a block away.  When I finally realized they were missing and went back to apartment management office to ask if they had been found, it was sad to hear that nothing had been turned in.  I've lived the past 6+ years without my rings AND without those cherished recipes of family favorite dishes.

So here I am, it's 11:57 pm and I've camped out downstairs to await the start of A Royal Wedding.  I'm sure it will be perfectly lovely.  CNN's Anderson Cooper is my date.  I'm giddy with excitement, wishing I could actually be in Great Britain getting the full experience those Brits and lucky tourists sitting on London sidewalks will have tomorrow.  Uhhhh... Today? 

Only human, I am also heartbroken; news of tornado damage to our Southern states is constantly on my mind.  I'm having a hard time making sense of it all.  The extent of destruction is unbelievable.  The look on the faces of all the people affected... stunned.  It hurts to imagine what they are going through.  I see the smashed towns and all I can think is, "Whom can we call?  We have this huge house; plenty of room..."  I want to take those families in, give them shelter while they wait and sort things out; they can stay here and regroup, re-assess, and restore peace of mind so as to be able to return home to new beginnings filled with hope; strong and secure.  This is where my mind immediately goes after hearing news stories of tragic circumstances or when catastrophic forces of nature occur.  I want to rescue, feed, and hold babies and give families a place to simply be.  They need us...  They are in my prayers.


So are William and Kate.   

No comments:

Post a Comment