Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6th ~ I'm up... I'm UP!

I was up, and out of the house by 8:55 am today.  Holy cow... A miracle!  And... wait for it...  I attended Monday morning mass.  *Gasp*  It was great, in a, "Dear Lord, I got up and drove all the way out here for this?" kind of way.  I know... I suck!


I knew close to midnight last night that setting my Blackberry alarm to go off at 7:10 am so I could go to first church service of the day was a joke.  I only wake up at that hour to go to the bathroom and then right back to bed. That's exactly what I did too.  Big surprise though, rather than falling back into my usual near comatose state where I end up sleeping for another three hours (only to wake up miserable), I was stirred awake at 8:40... just in time to make it to 9:00 mass.  I was going to finally do it!  So I pulled my hair into a ponytail, washed my face, slathered on last drops of Oil of Olay, brushed my teeth, and slipped on my best duds:  black "airplane" dress and my comfy black "airport" flats - behind on laundry, also, nothing else fits... also, still trying to take off the additional 10 lbs I put on since Rick's been home.  Downstairs, took some Advil for terrible sore throat, double checked mass schedule, and out the door I went.


I was surprised at how warm it felt walking into the garage that early; felt even worse in the car.  Buckled up and engine on, I kicked on the a/c full blast, slapped on some Burt's Bees "Raisin" tinted lip balm, threw on the ol' Reno 911s and backed out of the garage into a hazy smoke-filled day.  Thank you, Arizona fires.  Not.


to be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment