Sunday, October 23, 2011

October 23rd ~ State of Our Union... What?

Don't ask.

I did ask my husband if he sees himself working again.  He said, " I look for jobs every day."  Then I said, "What do you think you'll do?  Do you think you'll ever work again?"  Yeah, otherwise I would have killed myself a long time ago."  Uh... awkward moment.  I said, "Really, you'd do that to people."  He walked away, but not before asking if I wanted  huevos rancheros for breakfast, as we are lucky enough to have ingredients for a tasty mexican style breakfast.  I guess he was offering to make some. I said no thanks, but go ahead and fix yourself some.  I think he opted for a yogurt and took it upstairs to eat while watching sports on t.v.

That's  probably the only conversations we'll have today.  In the meantime I go about my typical routine: laundry, dishes, vacuuming, t.v., sitting at computer playing solitaire, reading articles and blogs,  and social networking.  I do need to take Emily to Target later on before I have to pick up my son at the bookstore.  So I guess I should spiffy up.

But first, I should eat. Our cupboards are near bare again.  Let's see... there is a half loaf of stale Home Pride white bread, 1/3 bag of Cap Cod reduced fat potato chips, and a couple slices of King Scooper deli chocolate, chocolate chip cake in the top pantry cabinet.  Bottom section has box of instant Quaker Oats oatmeal, a bag of LDS bishop's store donated cream of wheat, a couple boxes stale raisins, and two half full packages of Cheez-its that we got "free with purchase."  

Checking the canned food cabinet, I see one Progresso French onion soup can, three soup-at-hand cans of tomato soup, a large container of LDS bishop's store donated white rice, 1/10 bottle of pancake syrup, a small bottle of Hidden Valley ranch dressing and one bottle of Bulls Eye b-b-q sauce, and one jar with smidgen of Jiffy  Natural peanut butter.

As for the refrigerator, top, freezer section holds way past recommended "use by" date frozen veggies and fruits, a 1/2 container of Dryer's Slow Churned Coffee ice cream.  Bottom section:  The Mother Lode!  I think I found lunch!  There's three pots holding variety of left-over beans, a jar of El Pinto red chile salsa... just enough to spice up left-over half grocery deli rotisserie chicken I just bought out, 1/3 bag of Kraft colby-jack shredded cheese, and a pack and a half of flour tortillas.  Just also found a container of sour cream and a package of Simply Avo avocado halves, romaine lettuce, a half tomato.  Good thing we have stuff for the girls  lunch snacks for school tomorrow - spreadable butter, Yoplait Light yogurt with granola, and a couple of slices of various sandwich meats and cheeses.

All this food listing has made me way hungrier than I was when I started this post.

Deli chicken here I come!

*****

Damn!  The Pattern Interrogatories forms we were served with from attorneys representing our homeowners association last week (that are sitting on my desk, and must be returned within 10 days of receipt) just caught my eye... Appetite lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment