Monday, November 21, 2011

A Thanksgiving Wish

Original blog title and description:

PEACE OF MIND & FINANCIAL TRANQUILITY DURING THE WORST OF TIMES ~ A How-To Guide...


There are all kinds of self-help books for everything under the sun, but none offer solutions for what's happening to families like mine all over America. If you know of such a manual, guide or plan, maybe something titled, “Home Sweet Homelessness” or "The American Dream... WAKE UP!" please, let me know. I could sure use some tips, advice, and resources to help recover from trauma of job losses during the first decade of the 21st century. *Hunger and homelessness should not be an option.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wish things were better.  I wish Rick never lost his job... in Texas.   I wish we never had to leave there.  I wish I had hope for the future.  I wish things were better.

I'm grateful our boy is doing well at his job... I wish he someday goes to college and studies about all the things he's most interested in and fascinate him.  I hope he achieves great success in all he does.

I'm grateful for our girl's independent spirit... I wish her dream of going to college next year comes true.  I hope everything comes together in her pursuit to be a teacher.

I'm grateful for our youngest's strength... I wish I could make her birthday wishes come true.  I hope she knows how much I appreciate her understanding.

I wish I could be better, smarter, calmer, optimistic, attentive, hopeful.  I hope they know, even though I don't have their pictures, artwork and awards hung all over the walls, they are my pride, my joy... my treasures.  I'm thankful they make being a mom  the best thing that ever happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment