Monday, February 20, 2012

A Most Unusual Day

Woke up feeling poorly.  My mind may never be right again as I don't expect to ever resume treatment for my illness, but also, stress from having broken a molar Saturday night has left me tense and anxious. It's normal for me to be on the verge of tears upon opening my eyes each morning.  Many times, I wake up feeling as if I cried during sleep throughout the night.  It's exhausting.

So seemed strange and don't know why he did it, but when I woke up this morning, put on my glasses and grabbed the remote control to turn on the tv to watch the Live! with Kelly show, I saw the hubs carrying his pillows and sleeping bag from his room, downstairs. He came down to watch the show in the living room with me.  Hardly spoke a word to each other, but there he was in the same room.   He even stayed in the room when the show ended and I switched the channel to CNN.  I tossed him the remote, and he flipped it to a show he watches.  Most unusual.

Usually, I don't see him for any significant amount of time until after 3:00, then it's only for a total of about a half hour, including dinner.  He keeps to the bedroom.  I rarely go upstairs - mainly for a much needed shower. That's our new normal.

By 11:00 am, the hubs was downstairs again... this time to fix some lunch. He heated leftovers. The kids are home for Presidents Day, so it was nice that he did that

*****

You know what I miss most about the old days... being able to do stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment