Saturday, July 12, 2014

Change... I Can Do This!

Sure, I can do change, when the time is right. Most times it isn't, but the rare times that it is it feels sooo good.

Here's a for instance. For a while now, sleep has been a challenge. Well, that's not entirely true, it's just a very bad habit. Oh, and fear of earthquakes.  So, during the past few follow-up visits with my doctor, we've agreed that I should try a prescription sleep aid along with my usual meds. The first thing we tried was terrible, within a few minutes of taking a pill I was slumping in my chair, and worse than that, I was in a zombie state upon waking up and most of the following day. Not good when weekday routine required several hours of driving, so that was definitely not working out. On my follow-up visit, I told my doctor meds were a bad match for me.  "Let's try something else."

I added alternative sleep meds to my regular regimen, only to find those were just as bad a match. They were causing me to dream too much... not anything disturbing, thank goodness. Just ordinary day-to-day type stuff that when I awoke each morning I felt that I'd had already experienced a regular day-in-the-life of me.  Who needs that, right?  I stopped taking those.  I'll fill the doc in about results from change in meds next week and I'm pretty sure I'll just have to go without and do what I can to modify my nightly habits... like not drinking Diet Coke after 9pm; actually taking my meds as scheduled... again 9pm (which I did tonight) rather than anywhere between 11pm and 1, or 2am.  See, I told you: bad habits. Turning off the t.v and going to bed by 10pm might help do the trick. Midnight snacks are a weakness and should try to be avoided...darn it.

I must get control of this. Big changes may be in order for the entire family, and I need to be ready to take that on. Wish me luck that I can - that we all can - make adjustments necessary to arrive at desired goal.  Hoping with this change we will find ourselves in cooler climate, in a place where we aren't weary of using water from the tap.  Proper windows would be great... really miss those. But, mostly a roomy comfortable setting where everyone has their own personal space. I'm grateful that The Place has served the purpose of keeping us sheltered, but the idea of more than 5 rooms (total), kitchen cabinets & drawers, more than one closest and a couple bathrooms with adequate storage and counter space sounds like a dream come true. And, I cannot even convey how thrilled I'll be to reunite with our household items that have been in a small storage space for the last couple of years.  Mr & Mrs Bosch (my washer and dryer) have been greatly missed, I hope they still work. I'm hopeful this change will come to fruition, for our good, and the good of all.

Some people take things in stride, while others are overcome with stress. I guess, it's a little of both for me.  How do you handle change? With ease, or is it a nightmare? Please share your best tips for breaking poor habits or dealing with change down in the comments. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Now, I better get myself to bed.  Good night.

Until tomorrow ~ Lil

***

This post is written for Day 12 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 and NaBloPoMo.


12,320

No comments:

Post a Comment