Thursday, July 31, 2014

Once

"Important personal events from my life from the last 10 years." ~ NaBloPoMo July 2014: Decade

Once... okay, maybe twice, I was perfectly okay with my husband coming to my rescue during those challenging, "... for worse," "in sickness..,"  "for as long as we both shall live." periods

Once, I grew up a kid.

Once I grew up a second kid.

And, once again, by year's end I will have grown up the last kid.

One year I witnessed the metal my boy is made of during that first year out of high school when he worked to put food on the table... without a single complaint

One year amazed by kid #2's strength to find it in herself to prepare for, submit scholarship application, and apply to colleges all on her own... she did it!

Often delighted in rediscovering kid #3's artistic talents, and being awestruck by her wicked smarts in the sciences and math.

~ Grateful for each child's determination, perseverance, and attention to academic demands.  They are head-and-shoulders above anything I ever did as a kid, especially where schooling was concerned. So proud to be their momma.

Restored relationship with my sister, and now thoroughly enjoying her company.

Participating in care of my mom since moving to back to California; happy to help in any way I can.

Oh, and most importantly... once, back in 2009, I didn't die when my gall bladder did everything in it's power to try and kill me. Man, that was scary.

~ Your turn.

~ Lil

***

This post is written for Day 31 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 and NaBloPoMo.


12,781

No comments:

Post a Comment