Friday, October 17, 2014

Chestnuts Roasting On An...

... open fire.  No, no. If I recall correctly, that should go more like "roast pig on a spit turning over a sizzling fire."  Haha, I crack myself up.

Now I'm wondering, does that count as a campfire or bonfire.  It was an outdoor fire anyway.  Around the holidays during our Hawaii-living days I learned that roasting a pig over a spit for a celebratory meal was tradition.  And that was a good thing as far as I was concerned.  Man, it was so good.

So, it was either our last Christmas on the island or the last over-night camp out at Hulopoe Beach.  Either way, there was tons of food, relaxed atmosphere, perfect weather, and friendly folks.  Did I mention the kalua pork?  Oh, boy! Served over white rice with simmered cabbage and yummy dinner rolls... delicious! 

Yeah, it was back during our Hawaii days where we last enjoyed an open fire, great food, and good fun.  It's due time to do that again.  Gonna put it on a Must Do list; maybe when we are in Vermont for College Girl's 2016 graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment