Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sorting Things Out

Today's post was going to be about me finally giving The Place a good thorough organizing and cleaning.  Okay, by that I meant giving the tiny kitchen a quick once over.  I was so certain this would happen that I noted "cleaning the house sunday20" on my original draft.  Boy was THAT wrong.  For starters, today's date is October 19!  Also, all I've done today is torture myself by trying to eat with this horrible tooth (or better, lack of tooth) pain where a filling and enamel bits have broken off.  It especially hurts when I tilt my head... IN ANY DIRECTION!

So my Life Reimagined progress will be placed on hold for now.  That said, I'm going to take a bunch of Advil and hope this pain doesn't kill me.

But first, in the spirit of keeping it real, a photo of me today...
Don't let the smile fool you, I'm in excruciating pain. 
*****
Fun should begin at 50, right? Well, I'm fifty, but I don't think I'm doing it right.  I don't think I was ready for age 50, but what I am willing to explore is the possibility of reinventing myself.  And what do you know, AARP has this really nifty website, Life Reimagined, designed to assist and guide you through obstacles that might be keeping you from confidently approaching what should be a purposeful, fulfilling chapter in your life at age 50 and beyond.  And that is exactly what you'll find me doing and sharing on my blog each Sunday.   So, come back. comment, visit my YouTube channel THIS IS FIFTY WITH LIL.  Let's talk and compare notes.

Please click here for more information.
I signed up for Life Reimagined beginning of October and find it is already helping me see the possibilities that lay ahead.  This makes me happy.  If you know of anyone in the AARP stage of life who is feeling a bit stuck, please consider sharing this website with them.*


*This is not a paid endorsement.

For more information go to:

  • www.aarp.org
  • lifereimagined.aarp.org

2 comments:

  1. Oww...tooth pain is the worst. Hope you can get it taken care of soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Emilie. Hoping so; calling my former boss who I ran into a few months ago. He's a great dentist, but paying cash puts needed for care on hold until no longer able to tolerate pain.

      Delete