Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11th ~ Friday State of Our Union Address

Hubby & Me ~ 1991


So-so..., all is so-so for now.  I don't know why it is, but as the dollars in my wallet dwindle a certain sense of calm gently gets me through each day, and I certainly needed that today.  I hate earthquakes, so was shaken to the core as I watched  news coverage from Japan on CNN from just moments after it happened.  I fell asleep on my makeshift bed (ottomans pushed together lengthwise) watching the news in the family room - where I've been sleeping since my husband returned home after being laid-off from his job in Mexico last November; It's a huge adjustment after sleeping alone for such a long time.  It was around 4:00 am when my eyes could no longer stay open. I guess the sobbing and soul wrenching prayers wore me out.  I'm okay now.

Everyone under our home's roof is okay today.  The kids had the day off from school and that made it easy to sleep in - which is always good.  My husband was also tuned into the news in his bedroom; Correction... our bedroom.  He was pretty wiped out from poor sleep and it wasn't until late morning that he came downstairs to say good morning.  Because the kids were home, breakfast was "every man for himself" (Yeah, yeah... or woman.)  I had two chocolate chip cookies.  

Of course, having everybody home proved there was "nothing to eat" according to my three most reliable sources... even my husband showed signs of doubt that there would be any lunch.  I proved them all wrong, by cooking some pasta and heating up a jar of Italian sauce.  Delicious pasta w/ butter, topped with sauce and served up with Parmesan cheese and crushed pepper...  I did not disappoint.

Things remained quiet as everyone kept to their own rooms most of the day.  My husband was still in bed when I went up to get dressed to go out to the grocery store... I guess he decided to take the afternoon off from job hunting.  Hot dogs were on the menu for dinner which required another trip to the store.  Gosh, I'm really not having fun with spending the little money we have, but we need to eat after all.  Now, I'm falling asleep as I type.  I did plan to write a post for each of my other blogs but I doubt I'll make it.  I just may call it a night after filling a dishwasher load.


So... that's the state of our union for March 11, 2011.  Not too bad if you ask me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment