Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19th ~ Friday Fun Financial State of Affairs *without the fun part

Step #5899 to Financial Restoration ~ schedule 1/2 hour FREE Bankruptcy/Tax Attorney consultation.

But first... Today's numbers.  Year-to-date income:  $ 15,630.00... for a family of 5 (plus 2 dogs)!  For 8 1/2 months!!  Cash available:  approximately $130.00... to last until next Wednesday.  Uh oh, better check which utility bill needs to be paid this week.  Ugh.

Step #5900 ~ Order FREE Credit Report... breathe in... be okay with 520-ish score.  What are you going to do, right?  So future housing lease applications won't be approved; job prospects are diminished greatly... Like, I said, "What are you going to do, right?"  What's done is done.

Yard/garage sale was a bust today when I realized that we would need a hundred bucks in cash in $1's, $5's & $10's, in case someone bought something and needed change.  After today's anxiety filled bankruptcy attorney consult, I'm not sure how up to doing the yard sale early tomorrow morning Rick is going to be.  I'd like to pass on it.  Plus, we still don't have cash on hand.

Anyway, consult in Castle Rock went well enough.  I think drive to and from there was the longest Rick and I have been together alone in a long time.   It was okay, civil - which is always good... at least makes meeting at the table for dinner a pleasant experience again.  It felt like a long day.  Grocery store deli $8.99 family chicken meal deal was a great idea; I did not want to cook.

Money-wise, life may still be crappier than ever, but, at least family life is taking on a tiny bit semblance of normal again, here and there.

Pray for us, that when we do have those yard sales, someone will take nuts, bolts, washers, screws and nails off our hands for a buck each... and the rest of Rick's workshop stuff and my kitchen stuff.  That would totally bring in the $3,000-$4,000 we need for tax attorney and bankruptcy filing costs.  Amen.

**Oh yea!  Just remembered I have $50.00 Target gift card that my beautiful Barbie sent me.  Makes me very happy when I think we've been friends for 40 years.  Thanks, Barb... through thick and thin!

No comments:

Post a Comment