Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15th ~ Why am I doing this? Peace... Tranquility... Under these condition?

I don't think so.

The hubs and I had to go out together this morning.  We had a meeting at H&R Block - still need to get those tax matters handled before starting bankruptcy proceedings, which must take precedence over the whole "what to do about this marriage" issue.  I have some homework to do now; going to bank to request copies of 2008 statements from closed accounts with transfer transactions from Mexican employer... now non-existent company.  Also need to dig out Cobra payments for that year.

So we go to this meeting, but not before I had to force myself out of my makeshift bed and get upstairs to shower.  The hubs came downstairs to wake me up at 9:20; the appointment was for 10:00.  Glad he opted out of trying to wake me from the upstairs landing rail.  I've been sick for a couple of weeks, and so naturally, my body finally decides it's time to make a concerted effort to heal itself by allowing a restful night's sleep; I did not wake up once with a hacking cough or to blow my nose or suck in air to fill my sore lungs.  My beautiful sleep-time broken, I gave in and rolled out of bed and miserably into life... to go talk about taxes.  Joy.

The drive there was pretty much quiet, except for the hub's occasional sighs of exasperation because... I probably don't know anything - like where the place is.  Probably mad that I didn't alert the city of Centennial about posting properly placed, easily viewable street number signs, perfectly placed especially for his eyes to see... Yeesh.  We got there - eight minutes late.  So what.  We could have been even later, or missed it all together if the hubs would have rammed into that car that was inconveniently traveling in the next lane, at the inconvenient same speed. The same lane he needed to switch over to so that we could find a place to turn around and head back in the other direction.  Oh, I don't like riding in the car with him driving.  Three years in Mexico without a car, make a drive with him at the wheel these days a very scary ordeal.

Actually, the meeting with the tax guy was unremarkable; bring him back such and such forms and statements from bank.  It was the drive home that left me in a state when the hubs offers this little tidbit, "Oh, just a heads up, my unemployment ends in two weeks."

I'm gonna be sick...er.

No comments:

Post a Comment