Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Update:

Remember way back March 2011~ http://ahow-toguide.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-15th-first-good-news.html ~ when I was behind two months on my car payments and afraid to drive anywhere because I was positive credit union had a repo truck following me to pull me over and take back the car if the promised late payment I scheduled over the phone didn't clear the bank?  Glad to say that today, in my checking account, ready to be debited, is November 16, 2011, SSFCU monthly automobile loan payment in the amount of $627.90.  FINALLY, I am all caught up! You are welcome SSFCU.

*****

On a not-so-great note:  I'm reminded I am now eleven months behind on the mortgage monthly payments totaling... wait for it... calculating... not including delinquent fees... (this is gonna make me want to throw up)... $26,145.46.  WOW, I'm pretty sure that's nearly what the amount of my disability and Rick's unemployment benefits have totaled so far this year!  

So, today I sit here relishing a rare bowl of Progresso beef barley soup, however still afraid... fearful of the time when we are forcibly removed from under the roof over our heads.  I guess I'm going to try to be grateful that we still have our vehicle.  Hoping to have funds to take care of December 16th car loan payment and insurance, and pray utilities aren't shut off, since I can't even think of paying those until my disability benefits direct deposit goes in at the end of the month. Must have heat for days like this:




  

TUESDAY, MARCH 15, 2011


March 15th ~ First The Good News

In five short weeks our financial situation will be eased by the addition of state unemployment benefits.  Good news, right?  As for tonight?  Crunching the numbers, rubbing my forehead, and hoping to make the throbbing stop. Yes, my head hurts.  It's been hurting most of the day. I blame lack of a solid night's sleep and the stress from having to face another "15th of the month" without having cash on hand to pay bills, not to mention, I have been so preoccupied with "stuff" that I've neglected to take my medication for the last four or five days. (This is bad; now I must be extra vigilant at checking for fatal body rash which may appear due to drops or increases of chemicals in my blood as I get back to my regular daily dosage.)  Also, could just be allergies.  Whatever it is, all I have to say about it is... NUTS!


Speaking of nuts... They are not only a wonderfully, crunchy snack - all healthy and delicious - they can also easily replace an entire meal.  I've gotten in the habit of munching on pumpkin seeds on a regular basis, and could probably eat a pouch a day.  Yum.  I could probably live on pumpkin seeds and oranges, I love them that much.


Anyway, today was bill paying day and this is what "the numbers" crunched:

  • Combined Family Cash On Hand  ~  $  595.25  * Woo! Whoo!! Way more than I thought.
  • Loans Due (and Past Due)
    • Feb Mtg Pymt  $2,376.86
    • Mar Mtg Pymt  $2,376.86
    • Feb Auto Loan $   627.90
    • Mar Auto Loan $   627.90
      • Total Loan Payments Due 3/15 - 3/22  ~  $6,009.52
  • Household Expenses Due
    • 3/17  Gas & Electric  $  243.67  * Whew, thank goodness it's been mild.
    • 3/15 Water District    $    93.88  
    • 3/22 Phone/Internet
    •          Cable Package $  218.80  * A job-seekers' 1st line of communication.
    • 3/17 Wireless Pkg     $  317.76  * Secondary line of communication for all job seekers.
      • Total Household Expenses Due 3/15 - 3/22 ~ $  874.11
        • Total Loans & Expenses Due ~ $6,883.63  *WOW!

Hmmmm...  Here's the bad news... What do I do?  Those calculations don't even include $50 we need for fuel for our vehicle, $175 for a week's food, $261.00 for exams, $50 for school lunches.  And forget about hospital, doctor, credit card and other miscellaneous bills! What can I do?!?  

Thinking cap on, Me! What to do!  Thinking....  I don't want to think.  My head hurts.  I'm going to bed and escape this nightmare.  Crunch on that numbers.

    ...Have those five weeks passed yet?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment