Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lil's Week In Review ~ July 27, 2014

Hey, hope you had a very nice, safe & sound weekend. Mine was average, but otherwise...  nope, mostly just boring. But, some things did go relatively well. Here's my week in review:

FAVORITE

~ Photo of the Week

La Quinta, California
photo: L. Carilo


MOM

~ Stopped by my mother's apartment to check contents of refrigerator and pantry; determined from there, and with her suggestions, what needed to be restocked. Temps were in the 110+ range on Saturday, but away I went.  While at the grocery store I began to feel a bit out of sorts and thought I might have to bail on the whole things, but somehow gained strength to gather most items from mom's list, and even still have it in me to stop by Target to purchase the few remaining items on her list.

Mom's doing very well, and hasn't had a Type 2 diabetes related hospital emergency room visit in months. It's weird hearing from her physician that with proper and diligent self-care she could have a strong and healthy ten more years. If negligent and unchecked, her life span would be much shorter.  So, we're trying our best to make sure she's strong and happy and know she is very much loved so that she can be with us for as long as possible.
.
She also now has full control of meal and snack preparations, and is managing meal plan successfully. She does like that I make her pots of soup each week here at home for her to store in the freezer. Tomorrow, I'm also taking her tuna salad and portioned out servings of pasta sauce.

MED CHECKS

~ Mine: fine, no new meds prescribed; all is well with course of treatment I'm currently managing.
~ Mom: All's well with her meds. So much improved that I've modified my routine of bringing a daily supply of her meds to now furnishing a week's supply. First week went well; hoping same goes for this week.

BLOG UPDATE:

My BlogHer NaBloPoMo Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 has gone fairly well. Before taking on this task, my viewership was little to none. This month has had a steady stream of visits. I'm hoping to restart my vlogging project beginning next week... lots of content ideas floating around in my head; should be fun.

jULY 2014 BLOG ACTIVITY:

~ Most viewed post: July 4, 2014 
~ Least viewed post: No... enough said, right?

 MOVIES!

~ Carilo Family Movies*: Summer 2014 flicks that we watched this week, as selected from @EW's "...essential movies kids must see before they turn 13." were...

#32  The Incredibles
#33  The Lego Movie... EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!


WELCOME READERS!

~ This week's A How-To Guide visits from around the globe:

United States
Canada
Germany
Russia
Ukraine
India
United Kingdom
Australia
Latvia
Poland
France
Italy
Sweden

Yay, world!

TONIGHT:

Sunday ends with me trying to let go of being pissed off at the husband. This sleeping in this hot faux leather chair is for the birds.

HAPPINESS...

is having bottles of Perrier chilling in the fridge.  Love my fizzy drinks. Ahhh...

Until tomorrow ~ Lil

***

This post is written for Day 27 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 and NaBloPoMo.


12,554

No comments:

Post a Comment