Friday, July 4, 2014

FREEDOM!!! I Don't Know...

They're All Grown Now
 Yeah, today I was free to sleep in late, and because of this, my sister was free to take a call from Mom saying I still had not dropped off her daily meds, and ask if she knew why I still had not done that.  By the way, Mom has my phone number. I don't know.

I was also free to do Mom's grocery shopping after checking what needed restocking in her fridge and pantry... you know, when I stopped by to drop off her meds. I don't know.

My afternoon was freed up to allow preparation of split pea with ham soup, while I also put together stuff for 4th of July grub. Actually, it turned out I had so much free time, all sorts of mishaps & inconveniences found their way into the kitchen all afternoon, for instance, milk pooled up on third shelf down in the fridge... you know where we keep assortment of breads. I don't know.

Late afternoon and evening allowed freedom to enjoy hamburgers with all the fixin's ~ macaroni salad, coleslaw, chips, fizzy drinks, and Nestle's Drumsticks. Bonus: The Wizard of Oz and Singing in the Rain double feature in the living room.  Un-bonus (?):  Dogs freaking out at sound of fireworks display from park down the road... bummed we had to put bark collars on them.  I don't know.

Fireworks started with a BOOM at 9:00pm. Show coincided with outside temperature holding steady at 100 degrees. The whole family felt free to take a pass; comfort of indoor air conditioning won over outdoor temps. My twitter timeline provided plenty of photos of pyrotechnics - from small backyard gatherings to crowded professional sports venues.  I don't know.

Now that everything's quieted down for the day, I do have this one question. Isn't it written somewhere in the Declaration about some sort of Commandment that proclaims, "IN CELEBRATION OF OUR NATION'S FOREFATHERS, THOU SHALL ALWAYS HAVE A LARGE JAR OF CRISP, COLD DILL PICKLE CHIPS ON 4th OF JULY."  Hmmm!?!?!?!

RIGHT? I don't know.

Until tomorrow. ~ Lil

***

This post is written for Day 4 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge for July 2014 and NaBloPoMo.


12,118

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what to make of this. I get the freedom reference to your American celebration. I guess you mean that although you live in a free land, you're still bound by the constraints of obligation. Visiting from NaBlo ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly, I'm just stating that it was just another day. No complaints.

      Delete