Monday, August 11, 2014

This Is Depression

*Updated*

"Depression lies" ~ Jenny Lawson, The Bloggess

This is depression...
"As I examine the past decade, I just wanted to share something from 2005. It was written in the midst of the lowest of lows for me.  You see, at this point I had been under doctors' care and managing a number of illnesses, including something new called  fibromyalgia, and the awfulness that is depression and bipolar disorder - emphasis on depression. This passage sums up my struggle coping with life on a small Hawaiian island. Some may infer that I was suicidal during this time; however, quite the opposite was true. I was hopeful... certain that this would pass. I took comfort in knowing I shall never sink like that again. I KNOW IN MY SPIRIT, HEART, AND MIND."
MIND STORM

Your embracing arms hold me
Your hand in mine is soothing
You, in mind, comforts me as

Mind’s ills storm body mind and soul

Sudden isolation
Confusion and despair
Anticipating fear

My mind storm is here

You have touched me
You are strong
I reach for you, I trust you

I am frightened by the storm

You are caring
And I care for you too
I welcome you free from harm

To my unimaginable storm

Accept my invitation
You have been here all along
Share this time with me

The storm is still so strong

We all belong here
Goodness abounds
This is how it is: 


I’m alone inside

As the mind storm passes on.
~
By Lillian Carilo 2005 ~ Bipolar Disorder



Excerpt from my personal blog post from July 9, 2014 ~ History & The Past



No comments:

Post a Comment