Thursday, October 30, 2014

BOO!

OoooOOOO... OoooOooOooo... 

How's that for scaaaarrrry?

Another Halloween has come, and with it, another opportunity for me to skip dressing up.  I've only dressed up once as an adult.  In order to encourage my youngest child to join in on family candy-collecting fun, my seven year-old son was zombie patient, and I was creepy Nurse Helga to my daughter's Dr. Fun Stuff.  To break-up what we feared might be our five year-old's scheme of dressing up as a ballerina - forever - we somehow managed to convince her to let us smudge some "creepy" make-up on her face... you know, to keep with the theme.  It was work, but she did it.  Ugh, five year-old prima donnas!?

Here's a photo from that year after wet wipes were brought out to tackle make-up removal from little faces. I am conveniently cropped out of it.  CANDY TIME!



NaBloPoMo prompt for October 30, asks, "If you had unlimited resources and artistic skills, what would you want to be for Halloween?"  I'd just want to skip it all and get right to the candy-eating part.  *sigh*


*****

Below is my tiny effort to reverse effect stemming from my contribution made into the disappearance of all the mixed candy bags that I brought home leading up to Halloween.  None of which lasted anywhere near October 31st.

#ThisIsFiftyWithLil

My Progress:  
Day  1:  11:58 pm; 30 second wall sits!  Whoa.
Day  2:  10:30 pm; 30 second wall sits.  Ouch.
Day  3:  11:53 pm; 46 seconds - wall sits.  Whew.
Day  4:  5 hours standing at Britannias red carpet event.
Day  5:  
Day  6:
Day  7:






10-27TurkeyChallenge
Click here to view enlarged chart.

One of my favorite online catalogs is Title Nine, and I found out on Twitter that Ain’t No Turkey 30 Day Strength Challenge is underway, and I'm doing it... in the beginner category, of course.  Here's a little more information from Time Out With Title Nine blog:
  • For a PDF of the above chart, please click here.
  • Hashtag your progress using #AintNoTurkey, and share your story and photos on their blog.
Fun, right?  Let's do this.  Two minutes... here I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment