Monday, November 3, 2014

Let The Challenge Begin!

Wait.  I don't think I up for it. Sure, I've been blogging since 2009 - that first blog since deleted - and it's been a satisfying diversion.  But one thing I do not think I can genuinely claim is to say that I am a writer.  That string of words right there should be sufficient proof.  Mostly, I classify my posts as nothing more than typing practice; it's the one thing I've the most experience doing, and a skill that someone has actually paid me to do.  I like typing and I used to be consistently accurate and fast, so keeping this blog brings a sense of satisfaction in that it has allowed the opportunity to do something I've been relatively good at for a very long time.

Now, "the challenge."  Which challenge?  BlogHer's NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month - writing challenge where bloggers (no matter the level of experience) commit to post every single day.  I've participated in the few daily posting challenges in months leading up to November, but have been looking forward to taking part in this one because it's a bit more structured and it will test whether or not I have it in me to take things to the next level and be able to produce audience building content.

But in all honesty, I'm stumped.  Today's prompt is proving to be, well... a challenge.

Monday, November 3
Write about an amazing imaginary brand or organization you'd love to work with. What would their pitch to you look like? What would your post say?
There are a number of causes and organizations that inspire me to want to help bring a change for the better in whatever they endeavor, and I recognize the tremendous responsibility and teamwork that goes into running a successful brand.  I love the thought that someday one of my ideas may actually be shared and developed beyond being simply "the thing" in my heart and head.  I'd love to know that I have somehow had a positive effect on others - people I'll never meet.  But again, I don't know if I'll actually ever be up for it.  I can only hope there will be somewhere out there for me to give of my time, something purposeful and fulfilling; something worked towards for the good of all.  Time will tell.

The focus of my blog this month will be on aging, change, reflection, restoration, and moving forward.  So, if these topics peak your interest, please, check in every now and then.  And if it is not to much to ask, let me know how I'm doing here.  Submit questions and comments below.

Let's do this!

Lil

~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Below is my tiny effort to reverse effect stemming from my contribution made into the disappearance of all the mixed candy bags that I brought home leading up to Halloween.  None of which lasted anywhere near October 31st.

This Is Fifty With Lil Fitness Challenge
Ain't No Turkey Progress:  
Day   8:  11:56 30 sec wall sits; 30 sec plank
Day   9:  
Day 10:  
Day  11:  
Day  12:  
Day  13:  
Day  14:


10-27TurkeyChallenge
Click here to view enlarged chart.

One of my favorite online catalogs is Title Nine, and I found out on Twitter that Ain’t No Turkey 30 Day Strength Challenge is underway, and I'm doing it... in the beginner category, of course.  Here's a little more information from Time Out With Title Nine blog:
  • For a PDF of the above chart, please click here.
  • Hashtag your progress using #AintNoTurkey, and share your story and photos on their blog.
Fun, right?  Let's do this.  Two minutes... here I go!






No comments:

Post a Comment