Saturday, August 2, 2014

Winging It

This post is a perfect example.  I came up with the title,"Winging It," a couple of days ago, intending to wing it.  Instead, I'm dragging.  Fact is, I dragged myself out of bed to write.  Yeah, winging it... I think not.

In the past I had a daily routine.  Now, I'm winging it?  When I think of wings, naturally, I imagine flying.  I'm so not flying right now.  It's more like time is dragging. Worse, like I'm being dragged around by those quail and roadrunners that I encounter every time I pull out of the driveway... it doesn't feel good.  In actuality, it is I who is dragging. I have to drag myself here, or there, but mostly, drag myself out of bed... this is bad. Having zero plan is a problem.

I could place blame on economics. I could resent the fact that my body doesn't work the way it should. But you know what, I'm gonna just admit, I cannot do change. I do not like change... never have. I wish I were more like my kids. I suppose this is supposed to be a gentler, less hectic phase of life, after all...



I think I'm doing it wrong.

Until tomorrow ~ Lil

***

This post is written for Day 2 ~ Creating Memories with August 2014 NaBloPoMo



12,814

1 comment:

  1. You are doing it right.

    (Did you hear me?)

    You are doing it just right!

    :-)

    Happy NaBloPoMo!

    ReplyDelete