Monday, September 1, 2014

Hello September!

September is here! And, it could not arrive soon enough... I love this month. Why? It's the whole notion of starting fresh as it is usually back-to-school time.  As someone who was not particularly fond of going to school; once I arrived and settled into my seat, everything was good.  Grade school was mostly a good experiences, but there were some types who made some days, well... stink!

That occasional  unpleasantness was certainly made up for by wonderful friends, teachers and after school activities.  I even liked attending Summer school sessions.  My favorite subject was reading and it was the only subject in which I made good grades.

So, in celebration of back-to-school time, a love of reading, and September being Roald Dahl-apalooza, I'd like to dedicate this month's blog posts to one of my favorite book authors.  Notice I did not specify 'children's' book author.  Why?  Because I didn't discover Dahl's books until I became a mom.  I recall those evenings when one of my children and I would be rolling on the floor with laughter... literally.  The Charlie books were hysterical, James and the Giant Peach, a treasure. But the two books that really captured a sense of whimsy and adventure - sprinkled with mischief and danger -  were Roald Dahl's autobiographical stories collected in BOY and GOING SOLO... I recommend them to everyone; young and old.

Happy Birthday, Roald Dahl, and Happy 50th Anniversary Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  It's a month long celebration... join me, won't you.


In addition to re-reading and sharing some of Dahl's books here, I will also be reviewing movies adapted from books, like Matilda, James and the Giant Peach, The Witches, Fantastic Mr. Fox, of course,  Charlie and the Chocolate Factor and  Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 

Roald Dahl Month: September
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Celebrate Roald Dahl Month this September or any month of the year! Explore and enjoy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, The BFG, James and the Giant Peach or any of the other Dahl masterpieces. Plan a splendiferous event in honor of Roald Dahl's birthday on September 13th, or on any other simply marvelous day! Downloadscrumdiddlyumptious activities and a gloriumptious bookmark. See below for these wonderful ideas and more.

~~~~~
VLOG OF THE DAY:  Testing. Testing...





Link source:  

  • www.roalddahl.com
  • www.puffin.co.uk
  • www.teachervision.com

No comments:

Post a Comment