Sunday, August 31, 2014

Lil's Week In Review ~ August 31, 2014

Ciao, amici!

Benvenuti, visitatori. (Listen to translation here.)

Sperando che si stanno avendo un fine settimana molto piacevole, sicuro e suono. (Listen to translation here.)

Translation: Welcome, visitors. Hoping you are having a very nice, safe & sound weekend.

Man, I love the Italian language... so beautiful.

Now, back to American English. Bonus: tremendous amounts of grammatical and punctuation errors.  I. Know.

This week in review...

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
  1. The new and improved YouTube Channel - THIS IS FIFTY WITH LIL has been created.  Yay, me! I haven't uploaded any videos yet, but don't let that stop you from subscribing, liking, commenting or just sending well wishes. You'll find a brief description of what to expect here; I hope you check in often.
  2. In the area of wellness, I've re-established healthy breakfast habits, improved my sleep pattern, and lost a couple of inches. I'm pretty happy about that last item.
  3. Prepared home cooked dinners everyday last week.
It's not much, it just feels like it is.

MOVIE

~ With The Carilo Family 55 Must Watch Movies: Summer 2014 over now, it's Mom's Choice. Yay, me again!  It took some doing, but someone - who shall not be named... no, not Voldemort. Ha! - finally caved and purchased an in demand (by me) movie through Vudu to stream digitally on our living room television.  Oh, which movie was it? Only THE MOVIE of the Summer! Okay, after, Guardians of the Galaxy, duh. All right then, this week's movie... wait for it...

Stop reading this now and watch it. I'll wait here................... Right?!?

FAVORITES

~ Summer Soundtracks! The Fault in Our Stars and Guardians of the Galaxy. Enough said, go listen to them.  again, I'll wait.

TFIOS & GOTG
That's right, we still buy CDs.  You're welcome, cd mfg. companies & recording studios.

~ Something fun was catching up with a friend that I met over twenty years ago while temping at a job at the local probation office.  She was so much fun to work with, just she and I in a tiny office, tapping away on keys of ancient, even for those days, IBM Selectric typewriters.  We'd listen to the "cool jams" of the day, went to lunch together, and chatted about everything from family to dating to fashion and make up.  You know, "girl" stuff.

BLOG UPDATE:

~ It's a wrap.  BlogHer NaBloPoMo August 2014 Creating Memories theme has come to a close.  I'm not sure if I'll be following blog prompts for the month of September.  I'm thinking of putting a literary spin on daily entries.  Come back every now and then next month to see what's happening on the ol' A How-To Guide

AUGUST 2014 BLOG ACTIVITY:

~ Most viewed post:  The Last Time Ever*
~ Least viewed post:  Remember Forgot to mention on this post that I also failed my Italian lessons.  I'll try again next month.

WELCOME READERS!

~ This month's A How-To Guide visits from around the globe:

United States
Canada
Italy
United Kingdom
Germany
Poland
France
Ireland
Russia
Denmark
India
Malaysia
Ukraine
Japan
China
Australia
Hungary

Yay, world!

HAPPINESS...

a giant box of Kleenex, a sad/happy/gut wrenching movie, and a good cry.

Until tomorrow ~ Lil

***

This post is written for Day 31 ~ Creating Memories with August 2014 NaBloPoMo


13,449

No comments:

Post a Comment