Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday, 26 October OR The Day Judd Nelson Did Not Die

UPDATED:  Monday, October 27

For weekend of October 26, 2014 in Entertainment News our collective memory may go like this:

"Hey, remember that weekend when Jim Carrey hosted SNL? Nude body suit? Dancing? Blond wig!  McKinnon... come on, even Lorne Michaels showed up on screen. You know, that time you laughed longer than you've done since forever at an SNL skit... that weekend.  No? Me neither.  Because, Oh God! Judd Nelson died?!? "

Noooooo...

Of course Judd Nelson didn't die over the weekend.  Here he is reading the L.A. Times, Sunday edition.

Image by Gregg Klein
Wow, I guess people do still read newspapers. Huh?  Live and learn.  Also, damn, he's still cute as ever, that Judd Nelson.  Go on, Google search images.  I'll wait.

Now, if you are reading this blog you may be asking, "Who is Judd Nelson?"  To that I say, "Don't make me come over there."  Judd Nelson is the only reason to watch The Breakfast Club movie. Okay, one of eight reasons, and yes, I am including the high school library.  Oh my god, such a great movie!

Wait, what?! You say you know nothing of this "Breakfast Club" movie. It's okay, my kids haven't watched it either... putting me in the "worse mother ever" running.  I need to fix that.  Anyway, all I can say to you in regard to your life having been deprived of the wonder that is this movie is, stop what you are doing and go watch it.  I'll wait.

Also, Judd Nelson was the sole reason why I'd watch Suddenly Susan reruns at the crack of midnight in Texas.  Okay, it had a pretty great cast too.  And that's all I'll say about Judd Nelson.
*****

So my Life Reimagined progress has been further interrupted... week two.  Life, right?  It was a good day.  Found time to get out, visit with my sister while out running some spur-of-the-moment errands for mom, and picked up roast chicken dinner to bring home for everybody.  I'm still super behind getting the kitchen - and rest of The Place, for that matter - in order, so that come November, I'll be ready to cook my little heart out on a daily basis.  Oh, well.  Right now, I'm just tired.  My neck is a bit sore, and flare-ups at broken molar site come and go.

So here's me keeping it real, a photo from 10:46 PM tonight.

I told you I was tired.  Says so right there on my face.
See, tired, but happy.  Fingers crossed that next Sunday's post will actually include  what I have been planning to share these past two weekends. It's a little project I've been looking forward to starting, so I should get going on it.  It's going to be good.

I hope you had a very nice weekend.  Let's try our best to make it a great week.

*****
Fun should begin at 50, right? Well, I'm fifty, but I don't think I'm doing it right.  I don't think I was ready for age 50, but what I am willing to explore is the possibility of reinventing myself.  And what do you know, AARP has this really nifty website, Life Reimagined, designed to assist and guide you through obstacles that might be keeping you from confidently approaching what should be a purposeful, fulfilling chapter in your life at age 50 and beyond.  And that is exactly what you'll find me doing and sharing on my blog each Sunday.   So, come back. comment, visit my YouTube channel THIS IS FIFTY WITH LIL.  Let's talk and compare notes.

Please click here for more information.
I signed up for Life Reimagined beginning of October and find it is already helping me see the possibilities that lay ahead.  This makes me happy.  If you know of anyone in the AARP stage of life who is feeling a bit stuck, please consider sharing this website with them.*


*This is not a paid endorsement.

For more information go to:

  • www.aarp.org
  • lifereimagined.aarp.org
Sources:

  • mashable.com/2014/10/26/jim-carrey-nude-bodysuit-snl/
  • latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-judd-nelson-not-dead-20141026-story.html
  • nbc.com/saturday-night-live

No comments:

Post a Comment